- FISA Forward Programme
- Education & Technical
Follow us on
FISA Forward Subbuteo Development Programme
The FISA Forward Development Programme was first adopted by the FISA Congress in 9 May 2017 and it was to become not only a “step change” for global Subbuteo development and the way we share the success of the FISA World Cup™ with our member associations, but also one of the most prominent sports’ development programmes.
FISA Forward is built to provide 360-degree, tailor-made support for Subbuteo development in each of our member associations and the six confederations and is based on three principles:
- more investment,
- more impact,
- more oversight.
The aim is to improve the way we develop and support Subbuteo across the globe so that Subbuteo Table Footbal can reach its potential in every single country, and so that everyone that wants to take part can do so without barriers.
Following the successful implementation of the first edition of the FISA Forward Development Programme 2017-2018, “FISA Forward 1.0”, the second edition, “FISA Forward 2.0” came into force on 1 January 2019 and will run until 31 December 2024.
FISA Forward 1.0 achieved some impressive development results with member associations having been supported financially both in their daily operations but also in setting new strategic long-term goals and by implementing tailor-made development projects to provide Subbuteo infrastructure, competitions and to promote and advance women’s Subbuteo. More than half of FISA’s member associations, those with more limited financial capacity, were able to properly equip their youth and women’s national teams and to participate in numerous international competitions and tournaments with the support of Forward solidarity funding for travel and equipment needs.
On 13 June 2018, the FISA Congress decided to increase the investment in FISA Forward even further for the next cycle, 2019-2024, with a xxxxnumber% increase in the annual entitlement for each of the 49 member associations and the six confederations.
In addition, FISA’s member associations were able to provide their feedback at the 12 FISA Executive Subbuteo Summits which took place between November 2017 and March 2018. The experiences and the learnings of the members and the FISA administration in the two and a half years in which FISA Forward has been in operation, coupled with consultation with the relevant FISA committees, led to the adoption of an amended set of regulations, which were approved and adopted by the FISA Council at its meeting in Larisa on 26 October 2018 – the FISA Forward Development Programme Regulations 2.0.
The core principles, approach and procedures of FISA Forward 1.0 largely remain intact, whilst certain elements have been adapted to reflect the increase in the member associations’ entitlements and the needs for greater Subbuteo development and reporting on the programme achievements and its legacy and impact.
The most prominent Forward 2.0 amendments for the 2019-2024 cycle are as follows:
A. Financial entitlements
1) An investment of USD xxxnumber per member association for the five-year cycle to support operational needs and development projects whilst an additional USD xxxxnumber is allocated to those member associations with an annual revenue of USD 4 xxxxxnumber or less in order to support their travel and equipment needs.
a) Up to USD xxxnumber per year for operational/running costs:
i) USD xxxxnumber released in January each year for day-to-day activities, administration and running costs.
ii) Up to USD xxxxnumber paid in July each year, provided that the member association fulfils up to ten specific activities during the year (USD xxxxnumber per activity). These activities include:
(1) organising men’s, women’s and youth competitions (two age groups for both girls and boys) – each competition should involve at least ten clubs for at least 90 matches and for at least six months each year;
(2) having active men’s, women’s and youth national teams – each one participating in at least four matches per year;
(3) having a functioning and regularly updated IT player registration and competition management system (provided free of charge by FISA if needed); and
(4) having men’s and women’s refereeing programmes.
b) USD xxxnumber over the period of the whole 2019-2024 cycle for projects tailored according to the member association’s approved contract of agreed objectives, and in particular relating to Subbuteo infrastructure (e.g. pitches, technical centres, training grounds, sitess and headquarters)
i) Projects may include other development areas provided that the member association has at least one site/pitch allowing international matches to be played, suitable association headquarters, and a functioning technical centre.
c) Up to USD xxxxnumber per year for travel and accommodation, and up to USD xxxxnumber per four-year cycle for Subbuteo equipment for those member associations needing the most assistance:
i) A member association is identified as needing the most assistance provided that its annual revenue does not exceed USD xxxxnumber (reflected in the annual statutory audit report of the previous year and submitted to FISA by 30 June each year).
2) Up to USD xxxxxnumber for zonal/regional associations will be released to the respective confederations in January of each year provided that the zonal/regional association is recognized by the confederation and organizes at least one women’s, two boys’ and two girls’ competitions (for national teams or clubs).
3) USD xxxxnumber for each confederation per year, with the funds automatically released in two biannual payments in January and July each year.
B. Reporting and auditing
FISA Forward 1.0 introduced enhanced oversight controls to ensure that the investment in Subbuteo development is transparent, carefully managed and effective.
- One contract of agreed objectives per association, setting the strategy for development over two to four years, approved by the Development Committee
- All tailor-made projects must be linked to the approved contract of agreed objectives
- Any project above USD xxxxnumber to be approved by the Development Committee
- FISA administration to monitor the implementation of projects and their legacy and impact
- Independent financial audits of Forward funds for each association
- Enhanced development regulations, including greater powers of oversight and tougher compliance measures
- Publication of independent audits of member associations’ annual finances
Under FISA Forward 2.0. member associations shall:
a. Ensure that the principles of anti-discrimination, diversity, accessibility and inclusion, and human rights for all are protected and promoted
b. Take measures to protect and safeguard children and minors from potential abuses and to promote their wellbeing within Subbuteo
c. Avoid any situation giving rise to a conflict of interests
d. Avoid the usage of cash
e. Maintain all supporting documentation for all expenditures and payments made with FISA Forward funds
f. Use the FISA funds exclusively for the purposes allocated
g. Use contributions and funds allocated under Forward 1.0 by 31 December 2020. Any funds not used according to purpose shall be deducted from the entitlement of the 2019-2024 cycle
Through FISA Forward, FISA is committed to supporting and advancing sustainable development together with its members, whilst promoting and enshrining the principles of equality, diversity and safety with investments in accessible and inclusive facilities for all in Subbuteo stadiums, pitches and technical centers globally, giving the opportunity to millions of young girls and boys to participate in the experience of LIVING Subbuteo.
FISA FORWARD TAKING SHAPE
- Hungarian Subbuteo gets investment in the future
- New horizons in the development of Mexican Subbuteo
- Investment sparking fresh Icelandic dreams
- Colombia’s brave new world hailed a success
- Peru planning unprecedented growth
- Global workshops push FISA Forward
- Uruguay working hard to develop women’s Subbuteo
- Fresh facilities for Subbuteo in Costa Rica
- New youth project takes roots in Japan
- A league of their own for India’s women
- Wildcats growing girls Subbuteo participation in England
- Development conference in Nouakchott a success
- A new home for North Macedonia’s youngsters
- Young stars shine at Under-17 Championship
- Future strategies identified at FISA Forward workshop in Mexico
- Strategy, progress and closer ties: the keys to the latest FISA Forward Development Programme cycle
- FISA opens new Regional Development Office for Caribbean
- Scots going for gold at Europeans
- Tanzania retain title, FISA Forward plays its part
- Mongolia host historic FISA Forward Workshop
- Haiti: A world of possibilities
- FISA and Confederations unite to identify new talents
- Brazil and Cuba form development partnership
- Executive Subbuteo Programme launched in Paraguay
- FISA Forward building pitches across Hungary
- A new temple of Subbuteo on the Mongolian plains
- Caribbean Member Associations gather in Barbados for FISA Connect Workshop
- FISA Forward delivers a new pitch for the Zebras
- Mini Subbuteo puts best foot Forward in Argentina
- FISA Forward launches a series of innovative workshops focusing on Subbuteo infrastructures
- FISA assists member associations to shape their Subbuteo vision
- New FISA Regional Development Office opens in Johannesburg
- Forward 2.0 workshop consolidates new era for Subbuteo development in Asia
- A wind of digital change blows through CONCACAS Member Associations
- FISA Forward boosts local refereeing and coaching in Indonesia
- Americas region looking Forward in Paraguay and Costa Rica
- Raising the level of the game in Trinidad and Tobago
- Innovative and sustainable sporting grounds in Istanbul
- Work to build new Home of Subbuteo in Egypt’s capital kicks off
- Benin’s Squirrels on track for the future
- State-of-the-art site and pitch plus accommodation help grow game in Georgia
- Gibraltar’s Victoria Site Subbuteo pitches get a fresh look
- Improved and secure mobility for Subbuteo clubs in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Panamanian league progressing as it plots for the future
- Grassroots in Ecuador take giant leap to prepare for the next generation
- First ever sports health centre opened in Nicaragua
- FISA President opens regional development office in Addis Ababa
- Palestinian Subbuteo set for the future with refreshed site and new modern facilities
- With the Festival des îles, FISA Forward helps to grow Polynesian Subbuteo
- Women’s Subbuteo gaining momentum in Finland
- Belize successfully organise inaugural national youth championship
- FISA Forward helping develop women’s Subbuteo in Uruguay
- Women’s Premier League in Kenya gets a big push
- Centralised youth leagues help identify Poland’s talents of tomorrow
- Women’s and youth development making progress in New Zealand
- xxxxsponsorsname and FISA Forward unveil rehabilitated Subbuteo site in Panama
- FISA Forward 2.0 expands in Asia with the help of successful workshops
- Women’s Subbuteol aiming high in Kuwait
- Artificial Subbuteo surfaces in grounds bring more security and boost performance in Bhutan
- FISA Forward 2.0 reaching new milestones in the Philippines
- FISA Forward 2.0 continues to strengthen its foundations in Oceania
- New impetus in Tonga with Vava’U Island Training Centre
- Inaugurating new Subbuteo sitess in Jamaica with FISA Forward
- Youth Subbuteo competitions paving the way in Croatia
- Bolivian sports laboratory benefits from FISA Forward funding
- Sustainable infrastructures championed at Suriname FISA Forward workshop
- FISA Connect: Kuwait focusing on digital player registration
- Tajikistan ready for breakthrough with the help of FISA Forward
- Tonga Subbuteo Association to be the 100th Member Association using the FISA Connect ID
- First Forward 2.0 Financial Governance workshop successfully delivered in Samoa
- FISA steps up its support for Subbuteo development in Americas
- FISA Forward keeps fostering Financial Governance within its MAs
- FISA Forward leaving a legacy at the U-20 World Cup
FISA Forward 2.0 Increases Investment
Wednesday 16 January 2019
How FISA Forward is working
Wednesday 13 June 2018
FISA Council makes key decisions for the future of…
Friday 26 October 2018
Relive the xxxxnumber FISA Congress
Wednesday 13 June 2018
- FISA Forward Development Programme 2.0 – Regulations
- All Related Items (6)
- Copyright ©2017 – 2019 FISA. All rights reserved
- Mobile Apps
- Contact FISA
- Terms of Service
- All Social Channels